Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the California Dental Association (CDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some COVID-19 screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath and fatigue.
· We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member.
· Upon arrival at our office parking lot, call us before entering the office to let us know you have arrived. We ask that you remain in your car until we call you once the office is ready for you to enter.
· Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering.
· Upon arrival your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
· We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
· You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· HEPA air filtration units will be operating throughout the office.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· Dr. Cabebe and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 805-487-4977.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Anthony B, Cabebe, DDS, Caroline, Dina and Haydee!
Anthony B. Cabebe, DDS - Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
When you visit our office, your smile is our top priority. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve.
Part of our commitment to serving our patients includes providing information that helps them to make more informed decisions about their oral health needs. This website is a resource we hope you’ll find both useful and interesting.
Contact Us Today or Request An Appointment!
We genuinely hope this site is helpful to you in learning more about our practice, dental conditions and treatments, dental recommendations, and more.
Please browse through our website and be sure to give us a call if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
Anthony B. Cabebe, DDS
955 W. 7th St.
Oxnard, CA 93030